Dear Students Friends, and Colleagues,
David Music Center is calling for students for the courses about Styles and Analysis of Symphonic Works in Historical Context.
1. LMusTCL Preparatory Unit II: The Rise of Symphonic Classicism in the Historical Context
2. LMusTCL Preparatory Unit VI: The Development of Romanticism and Romantic Ideals in Symphonic Music
These courses aim to :
1. Strengthen Students the knowledge of the symphonic music in Classicism and Romatnicism, as well as the genre and styles analysis.
2. Preparing students to step into the Set Piece (Mahler Symphonic Study) study of the LMus examination next year.
We will start two timeslots which may be convenient to meet different requirements of students.
One is in the morning and one is in the afternoon.
1. Wednesday 8:30am to 10:00pm (12 lessons) in Late August
2. Tuesday 11:30am to 1:00pm (12 lessons) in Late August
In addition, the normal compositional course is still calling for students:
Course: Composing for 20th Century Musical Styles
Wednesday 7:00pm to 8:30pm in Late August
The above course aims to teach 20th Century Compositional Theory starting from Debussy's Impressionism, Schoenberg's Expressionism of Twelve Tone Method Composing Theory to Stravinsky's Primitivism and Neo Classicism and Ravel's Diversity of Styles in Composition.
Interesting Party please inform Mr. Leung for the course description and Schedule details.
May you have a fruitful year!
David Leung (theorydavid)